Friday, October 26, 2007

When it rains it pours, boy I tell you I don’t know where to start. How about the need for a new car!!
Two weeks ago we had to pour another $450 in to our car to make it work. It was then that my mechanic, that is a strong Christian “praise God” tells me… “Travis my friend it is time to start praying for a new car, if you continue to take this on those village roads. I don’t know how long it will last..” I told him I would start praying and asked him to join me.
But how can I not drive to see our children in Rwaza, yes I feel they are our children! They are burned on our hearts!!! Sorry kids perhaps we will see you next week. For those of you that have seen the children you know what I mean. For those of you that want to know more about these awesome children, please visit my wife’s Blog.
www.http:travisandastrid.blogspot.com

Today was the day that we were going to go up and start weighing, measuring, and taking much info on each child. This way progress can easily be followed and we can know how to move forward.
When reaching only 30km or 20miles out of Kigali the car breaks again!! So we turned around and by God’s grace made it back to town with no major damage. Now it looks like we are spending another $110 on the car. I guess we can look at the bright side that it happened close to town and not in the village high up on the mountain in the middle of no where. You know what is sad? When this is happening every couple of weeks the bright side does seem so bright anymore.

Please be praying with us that the Lord will provide a new vehicle..

No comments: