Tuesday, January 4, 2011

HISTORY MAKERS

Through the years there has been a great number of people who have gone down in history because of the things they set out to accomplish. I say set out because not all of them lived to see the end of the road that they started down. The book of Hebrews chapter 11 states quite a few people that did incredible or impossible things. But even in more resent history there are those individuals that are now known for what they accomplished or at least gave their lives in the process for. They believed something, they envisioned something. Take for example many of the great inventors. When they invented the telephone, TV, cars, computers, light bulb, etc. etc. did they ever think in their wildest dreams that it would be any thing like what we have today? I think yes... What about those that saw, envisioned and dreamed of women in the work force, equal to men? Those who saw in their minds eye a world with out slavery and equality for all men?
All these roads and more that were traveled all started in one place. They started with a vision or a dream that was covered, bathed, and saturated with hope; hope that never failed, hope that the desired out come would surely come in spite of the difficulties, pain, and mishaps.

I want to give the definition of both the words, Vision and Dream.
The word Vision defined By the world English dictionary says :
1. the act, faculty, or manner of perceiving with the eye; sight 2. a. the image on a television screen
b. ( as modifier ): vision control 3. the ability or an instance of great perception, esp of future developments: a man of vision 4. a mystical or religious experience of seeing some supernatural event, person, etc: the vision of St John of the Cross 5. that which is seen, esp in such a mystical experience 6. ( sometimes plural ) a vivid mental image produced by the imagination: he had visions of becoming famous 7. a person or thing of extraordinary beauty 8. the stated aims and objectives of a business or other organization. 9.the act or power of anticipating that which will or may come to be: prophetic vision; the vision of an entrepreneur.
10.an experience in which a personage, thing, or event appears vividly or credibly to the mind, although not actually present, often under the influence of a divine or other agency: a heavenly messenger appearing in a vision. 11.something seen or otherwise perceived during such an experience: The vision revealed its message.
12.a vivid, imaginative conception or anticipation: visions of wealth and glory.


The word Dream according to the world English dictionary says:
1. a. mental activity, usually in the form of an imagined series of events, occurring during certain phases of sleep b. ( as modifier ): a dream sequence 2. a. a sequence of imaginative thoughts indulged in while awake; daydream; fantasy b. ( as modifier ): a dream world 3. a person or thing seen or occurring in a dream 4. a cherished hope; ambition; aspiration 5. a vain hope 6. a person or thing that is as pleasant, or seemingly unreal, as a dream 7. go like a dream to move, develop, or work very well. 8. to have an image (of) or fantasy (about) in or as if in a dream.

There was once were two friends by the names of Walter and Arthur. One day Walter took Arthur on a long drive outside of town. After driving for a bit, they turned off the main road and drove a while longer on an old rustic dirt road. Finally they came to a stop at a vast piece of land. Which seemed to be in the middle of no where. Arthur looked around at the huge property that had a few little rundown shacks and some cows grazing on it in the distance. He finally asked Walter, “what on earth did you bring me out here for?” Walter looked at him and began to describe the incredible plans he had for developing the area. He wanted to offer Arthur the chance to buy the surrounding land and make a killing in the process. To Arthur this idea seemed ludicrous. He questioned Walter, “who on earth is going to drive 25miles to the middle of nowhere for this absurd project?”
Walter went on to share, “in a few years time the land bordering his would be jammed pack full of Hotels, restaurants, and convention halls to accommodate people who'll be coming to spend their entire vacation at my park. I wanted to give you the first chance in getting the surrounding land, because in the next five years it'll increase in value several hundred times.”
Arthur thought he was completely crazy, he thought to himself, “this poor guy has let this dream get the best of his common sense.” So he mumbled something to Walter about money being tight and that he promise to look into it later. As they got back into the car Walter sighed and warned Arthur, “Later will be to late. You'd better move on it right now.”

That is how Art Linkletter missed out on the opportunity to buy up all the land that surrounded what was to become Disneyland. His friend Walt Disney tried to talk him into sharing the dream, but Art thought he was to crazy.

(this story was taken from the book of a good friend of mine by the name Simon Guillebaud, author of “For what it's worth”)

There was another man, a man who also was full of vision! A man that was not afraid to dream! A man that was also considered by many to be an idealist or crazy for his vision. That man was Martin Luther King, the following paragraphs I share with you is part of Mr. Kings famous I have a dream speech.

“I say to you today, my friends, that in spite of the difficulties and frustrations of the moment, I still have a dream. It is a dream deeply rooted in the American dream.
I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all men are created equal."
I have a dream that one day on the red hills of Georgia the sons of former slaves and the sons of former slave owners will be able to sit down together at a table of brotherhood.
I have a dream that one day even the state of Mississippi, a desert state, sweltering with the heat of injustice and oppression, will be transformed into an oasis of freedom and justice.
I have a dream that my four children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.
I have a dream today.
I have a dream that one day the state of Alabama, whose governor's lips are presently dripping with the words of interposition and nullification, will be transformed into a situation where little black boys and black girls will be able to join hands with little white boys and white girls and walk together as sisters and brothers.
I have a dream today.
I have a dream that one day every valley shall be exalted, every hill and mountain shall be made low, the rough places will be made plain, and the crooked places will be made straight, and the glory of the Lord shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together.
I have a dream today.”


Why is it that Dreams scare us so much? Why do we always consider people with great visions to be extremest, idealist, radical freaks, crazy??? There are many great things that have been accomplished in this world due to so called crazy people.
Sure not all people in history who had radical visions and dreams that they pursued were good, take Adolf Hitler. But there were countless others who went down in history for their achievements of good things and paved the way for development and transformation in their societies, cultures, and nations.
I believe that God is looking for and waiting for people who are not afraid to dream, people like the prophet Issiah in the old testament who when the Lord said “who will go for us? Who shall we send?” Issiah said “ here am I send me”. God wants people who will say send me, use me, I will go, I will do, I will be...... He then takes those people and begins to give them dreams and visions to go and do great things that humanly seems impossible.

There is a boy by the name of William Kamkwamba who is a teenager from Malawi and through his dream that he was not afraid to follow was able to transform his community by making a wind turbine out of junk to generate electricity and later to pump water for irrigating there crops. An according to William he is not yet finished, he desires not only to bring power to the rest of his village but to all Malawians of which only 2% have electricity.

You can read his full story through the following link: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/8257153.stm

Do you have a dream? What is holding you back?

I was given a dream in November 2003 of four (4) large self sustainable children's villages focused on orphans and widows. The first is to be located in the heart of Africa. These villages will not only raise orphans and help widows but has a focus to build generations of young people who know their God and take their relationship with him serious. They will be the crazy ones, they will do the impossible, and they will transform there nations.
My mind is often taken to that passage of scripture that says. “for the joy set before him, he (Jesus) endured the cross”.
Now for the joy set before me. What is this joy that is before me? 4 Children villages by the name of Heaven Touching Earth, filled with kids who are on fire for God ready like William (the boy from Malawi) to change, transform, and make history in their Nations. I will endure because of this joy, I have set it before me, I see it in my mind, I envision it in my dreams, an it will surly come.

It seems ludicrous, impossible, and down right crazy but that is only for those who cant see!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Долгое век просто читала истории на этом сайте, наверное, хотела понять, подобно после такой дикой боли кто-то вновь начинает жить... А я не могу, не получается. Развод намечен на январь, приблизительно залпом после праздников. А во мне прыгают вопросы-зомби: "после что?" и ещё "чем она лучше?" [url=http://profvesti.ru/o-derevyannom-stroitelstve/71-tekhnologiya-derevyannogo-stroitelstva.html]строительный портал спб[/url]

Anonymous said...

I really like looking through a post that can make people
think. Also, thank you for allowing me to comment!
See this: zobacz, http:
//abbreviating.wroclaw.pl

Anonymous said...

Albertville Outlet Mall Black Friday Midnight Madness
Tip#1 - Eat before you go: Thanksgiving night is great for
snacking on leftovers so be sure to eat something before you
leave. Also a top approach to share discount coupons is
always to let them have to non profit organizations that buy foodstuff
and personal products regarding needy individuals
along with families. Now that you’ve made it to Christie’s, feel free to wander in and offer to buy me
a cold beverage if I happen to be around :).

Here is my weblog - ao smith gas water heaters parts
My website > ao smith vertex water heaters reviews

Anonymous said...

OtiEglFwwDck [url=http://nike-nike-n6.webnode.jp/]スニーカーナイキ[/url]VjgWrhWovIdu [url=http://nikeair3.seesaa.net/]nike air[/url]RmxXtgUhvQwg [url=http://nikesb3.seesaa.net/]nike id[/url]YwvFsmJjyAbb [url=http://nikeshoes3.seesaa.net/]nike シューズ[/url]FynBiqRghCdb [url=http://nikesneakers3.seesaa.net/]ナイキ フリー[/url]DrzRtzWivAts [url=http://nikerunning3.seesaa.net/]nike ランニング[/url]CtqWevWpcKkz

The Astounding Innovative mcm Strategies Unearthed By My Best Mate
[url=http://www.mcmstorejpkodo.com]mcm リュック 激安[/url] mcm Replicas ; A Perfect mcm Hack Which Experts Claim Fools 90% Of The Users

Anonymous said...

I'd like to thank you for the efforts you've put in penning this blog.
I'm hoping to view the same high-grade blog posts by you later on as well. In fact, your creative writing abilities has encouraged me to get my own website now ;)

my page weightloss help

mission with me said...

I would like to ask all of you who continue to comment on this blog and send me your anonymous advertisements please stop!!!

I am not interested in receiving them and look at it as spam!

Thank you,
Travis

mission with me said...

Thank you so much for reading through and taking time to comment! I know it has been long since I have blogged anything. Is there. Way I could get an English translation of your comment? Have a great day and I look forward to hearing from you.

mission with me said...

Thank you