Wednesday, April 11, 2007

One Week.....

(Sorry no photos this time.)

Oh my…. Another April…. This means that starting on the 7th to the 14th, every thing in Rwanda becomes even more increasingly difficult to handle. The mark of the Genocide, from thirteen years ago.
This is a time of mourning, of sadness, and reliving of the trauma that was inflicted years ago. One week, to relive hell…. Not much happens on this week, we sit around listening to the painful memories of those we have grown to love and of those we are getting to know.
Such Pain!!!!! Such Trauma!!!! Is there an end? I am only silently listening, praying and knowing that it is this pain and trauma that the Lord has sent us here to combat and comfort. To bring an end to such hell!!

One week to remember, one week to relive, one week is over and then it is back to surviving, picking up the pieces from yet another year of unresolved pain from inside the heart and mind.
One week is set aside, reserved so to speak for such events to take place. Then one must move on, it is the only way from keeping ones self from collapsing from the pain, or becoming paralyzed from the trauma.
So it is suppressed, pushed down and contained. For how long???

I am told stories that I can not imagine! One of my good friends tells me of a time when a group of 14 men came looking for her, they did not manage to find her so they went to one of her neighbors. The men (all 14) raped her friend and left her to live with it. Its stories like these and much, much worse that we hear day after day. All I can do this week is cry….

The worse thought is that these people don’t just live with it for a week but every day of their lives!!

I am sorry, I can’t go any further………. It hurts too much!!

God help me to bring your healing to such a hurting people!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Travis, you and Astrid are in my prayers daily, but especially at this time. Thank you for being there and being God's arms of love to these beautiful people.