Friday, July 31, 2009

wait for it....wait for it....

By dictionary.com they describe the word (vision) as follows:

1.

The act or power of sensing with the eyes; sight.

2.

The act or power of anticipating that which will or may come to be: prophetic vision; the vision of an entrepreneur.

3.

An experience in which a personage, thing, or event appears vividly or credibly to the mind, although not actually present, often under the influence of a divine or other agency.

4.

Something seen or otherwise perceived during such an experience.

5.

A vivid, imaginative conception or anticipation.

6.

Something seen; an object of sight.

Vision what a beautiful thing! I really understand why it says in Proverbs 29:18, where there is no Revelation, (vision), divine guidance. The people cast of restraint, perish, run wild. (Quoting KJV, New KJV, and New living)

The crazy thing about a vision, dream, foresight, or whatever you want to call it, when given by the Lord, there are many times when he doesn’t seem to give the whole puzzle if you will, allowing you just to move with him piece by piece as he gives it to you. This of course is called living by faith. Having to just trust in him and what he says to do, when he says to do it and how he says to do it. I have pondered why it is that God does not always give the full picture right away. Of course one of the main things I can come up with is the building of our faith, learning to trust him in the leading of our lives. God also loves to test our hearts to see if we will in fact obey him in his leading. Obedience is a very important facture to him, more important than any of our sacrifices being made.

In my case I have found that the Lord has been spending a great deal of time testing me….A while ago when I was questioning the Lord on things that I was going through and the things that were going on around me and our ministry. He answered me through Deuteronomy 8: (2) Remember how the Lord your God lead you through the wilderness for forty years, humbling you and testing you to prove your character, and to find out whether or not you would really obey his commands.

A testing or shaping and molding to prepare for what he really has in mind for the future of those he knows will obey.

The whole chapter really spoke to me at that time but verse two jumped out and slapped my face! I have past that testing and the Lord has seen my heart, my character has been proven! It was a beautiful moment! The Lord then decided to let me in on a whole other level of his vision, I say his vision because it was never really mine in the first place he was just feeding it to me in bite size pieces so that it was easy to digest. During the digestion process I could enjoy it and therefore take ownership of it. God’s plan the whole time!

So now God decides to show me the big picture! On April 4th 2008 God gives me a dream; you can read the whole story and watch the dream so to speak by clicking the link I have. It is on my Dec.19, 2008 posting entitled (Dreams/visions/tears…let there be God). This was a very overwhelming experience; in my looking back I did not handle it very well. My response was much like Peters in Matt 17 when up on the mountain with Jesus and watching him being transfigured before his eyes. Then sees Moses and Elijah show up and start talking to Jesus, Peter without really understanding the meaning of what is going on or waiting to find out is next, in his excitement blurts out “Lord it is good for us to be here”! (open mouth, insert foot) My take on how the story goes that he is then rebuked but none the less had a very serious encounter with God the father…

I like Peter did not have a full understanding of what God was showing me, nor did I spend time after seeking him on what was to follow next, or what to do with the info I received. No, in my excitement I ran and started blurting out with my big mouth to everyone what I saw and my interpretation of it. Not realizing at the time that God wanted to share more with me. At that time my vision was still a bit limited and I only saw what God wanted me to see. I am learning to be patient and allow the Lord to work things out in his time.

In the past I have written on what God is doing and wanting to do here in Africa, Rwanda, Burundi to be specific, known very well as the heart of Africa.

The Lord spoke to me through Habakkuk 2 (new living) then the Lord said to me, ”Write my answer in large, clear letters on a tablet, so that a runner can read it and tell everyone else. (v3) But these things I plan won’t happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surly, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, wait patiently, for it will surly take place. It will not delay.”

It will not delay!! It will show up exactly when the Lord intends for it to….

The truth is, there is something happening! There is a real stirring in many of the Africa Nations. There is going to be a Revival that is going to sweep through Africa! An out pouring of the glory of God has only been seen on small scales until now. The Lord is preparing his people all through this continent! When it hits, world watch out! Africa is not longer going to be known as the Dark Continent, but as a Continent of Light! The beauty of it all is I am not standing here on my soap box shouting these things. In the last 5 to 8 years there has been countless people that God has raised up from all over the nations to come here and proclaim, prophecy, and say the exact same things. God is getting ready are we?

I am more than privileged and honored that the Lord of host would ask me and my family to come and help prepare his heart for what he has planned for his people. The heart of Africa, the abandoned, the lost, the forgotten… Not any More!!! For the world will see the glory of the Lord shine from his African Heart!

Slowly, steadily, surly, it will be fulfilled!

2 comments:

Tomaso Ritchie said...

Travis,

I fwd'd your post to our friends in Kigali who share your similar hope and vision of Africa becoming a light to the world through Jesus. Thanks for sharing!!!

Thomas

Schola said...

We should all be getting ready,NO EXCUSE,THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN HEARD BY MANY.Woe unto those who hear,anderstand but refuse to beleive and act according to God's leading