Monday, August 6, 2007

Twenty Houses....

The phone beeped, Astrid looked at the text message and asked me if we would like to have dinner with some of the team from Saddle back (Rick & Kay Warren) you know the guy that wrote Purpose driven Live.
They have been doing a lot of work in Rwanda. For those that don’t know, I heard that the story goes something like this. One day the president of Rwanda had read Rick’s book “Purpose Driven Life”. Shortly after he had contacted Rick and his Church and told them that he wanted his Nation to become the first Purpose driven Nation… Hence Ricks church and many, many others some how connected to them via networking or partnering have been coming quite often to Rwanda and doing wonders.

So back to Dinner, A good friend of ours that is working in Rwanda in the medical field and has very good connections had told some people from the Saddle back team about us and the orphan village we are going to start in Kibuye. They, in the midst of there crazy schedule said contact them and see if they can join us for dinner tonight. Low and behold the dinner did not work out they had to cancel on us, but then asked if we could join them on a trip to Kibuye the next morning. Very short notice but what the hec I went for it.

I meet them at their Hotel early the next morning and away we went to Kibuye. I then understood why the dinner did not work out, God wanted me to be able to meet many more members that were traveling on the team. It was wonderful to sit and talk to so many of them, and see there hearts for the Widows, Orphans, and Rwandan people.

Some how I was always drawn to this one particular couple, there was some thing about them. They were so precious!! There names were Michel & Beth Fox, I learned that they had there own ministry building houses for orphans in many countries around the world. I would highly recommend that you visit there wed site and see what they are doing. www.c3missions.org All I can say is AWESOME very awesome!!!!

Michel and I had talked a lot, he was asking me so many questions and I was doing my best to give him some answers. Thinking, man I wish Astrid was here, she is the real detail one. I just am good with people.The questions just kept coming and it seemed that they were really interested in what God was doing with us here in Rwanda.
The schedule was packed, it was always, in bus, out of the bus, have lunch, back in the bus, to this church…
Before I knew it, I had to get my but in gear to catch a taxi bus back to Kigali or I would be stuck there. See the deal was, that I could hop along but would have to find my own transport back as they were staying for a few more days there. I said my good byes, wishing that I had more time, but really had to go…
I didn’t even see Michel and Beth so I felt so bad that I couldn’t say good bye.

After getting to the taxi stop and buying my ticket, the only space they had was on a bus leaving in one hour and it so happened to be the last bus of the day.
I thought “WOW GOD”!!! I needed more time and you just gave it to me. Thank you so much!!!

The bus stop just happened to be right next to the church where Rick and the team were speaking.Some thing told me that I had to at least say good bye to the Michel and Beth.
After finding them and telling them that I had to go back to Kigali but just wanted to say good bye and give them my contact info.
Michel began to share with me that they want to commit to build for us Twenty (20) houses for the orphans in Kibuye. He wants to say in touch and for me to work out all the details and send to him.
All I could do was cry, and say thank you!!!

Thank you Michel and Beth, Thank you C3 Missions International!!!!

Stay tuned Rwanda, “Heaven Touching Earth” is coming and the Lords glory is going to be poured out!!!!

Habakkuk 2: 2-3

2 comments:

rené said...

oh Man! this is SO awesome. God writes the coolest stories! :)

Erin Taylor said...

Man, is God good or what?! I'm so excited to see what other cool things unravel.