Monday, August 27, 2007

I Have A Dream, part 1

Have you ever had a dream, vision, or had God ask you to do some thing so big that you thought that you were going to wet your self?
So large that it makes you look incredibly tiny… So enormous that you feel 100% incompetent, who are you to think that you would be able to even come close to accomplishing such a thing. What kind of dream or where the hec did this vision come from any way?

These have been my thoughts for a good number of weeks as I have been watching what the Lord has been doing with us here in Rwanda. I have been realizing that this thing that he is allowing me to be part of is even bigger than I can imagine… And believe me I can imagine a lot!!

But before I enter into all that, let me remind you of some other people that were part of some really, and I mean really big things…
Call it what you will, calling, destiny, job, ministry, vision or what ever… I call it people who God allowed to be part in what he was doing!! And the out come most of the time, not all but quit often was amazing!

Jonah: Usually had no problem doing what the Lord requested, but there was this one time that he just really disagreed and it almost cost him his life. God showed mercy and gave him a second chance. He went and did what was requested of him and low and behold an entire City or people group repented, turned and served God.

Moses: Spent much time arguing with God, could not see why in the world God would put this “calling” on him. The things he asked him to constantly do were completely insane and just not logical. I think he often questioned his ability. Yet God had him take part in the marvelous task of leading his people to the promise land.

Abraham: Is told that he is going to be the father of many Nations when one he is in his 90’s and two he has no children. Yet god promises him a son…But before the promise is fulfilled Abraham with some help of his opinionated wife tries to help God. In the end Abraham has two sons one promised and one…..given by his wife’s maid. None the less God once again did his amazing deeds and Abraham is in fact the father of many Nations.

John The Baptist: Or know as the voice in the wilderness. All for the sake of proclaiming the coming of the Messiah, Now that was a huge job!! I wonder if there were times that he thought what the hec am I doing this for…Who am I to proclaim the coming of the king? Remember that while he was waiting to have his head chopped off he sent word to Jesus to ask are you really the one I was suppose to do all this for??

We could go on and on but lets skip to some one much more resent than then. A man that I feel was used by God greatly to impact a Nation.

Martin Luther King Jr.: God used this man to help bring equality between the blacks and the white’s in the United States. I would like to share with you part of his famous speech.

"I have a dream that one day every valley shall be exalted, and every hill and mountain shall be made low, the rough places will be made plain, and the crooked places will be made straight; "and the glory of the Lord shall be revealed and all flesh shall see it together."
This is our hope, and this is the faith that I go back to the South with.

With this faith, we will be able to hew out of the mountain of despair a stone of hope. With this faith, we will be able to transform the jangling discords of our nation into a beautiful symphony of brotherhood. With this faith, we will be able to work together, to pray together, to struggle together, to go to jail together, to stand up for freedom together, knowing that we will be free one day.

And when this happens, when we allow freedom ring, when we let it ring from every village and every hamlet, from every state and every city, we will be able to speed up that day when all of God's children, black men and white men, Jews and Gentiles, Protestants and Catholics, will be able to join hands and sing in the words of the old Negro spiritual: Free at last, Free at last, thank God almighty, we are Free at last…"

God gives people dreams, He calls them to perform insane tasks, he puts them in these outrageous ministries doing these amazing things, He tags people as his Nation changers.

All for the sake of his Glory to be revealed!!

What is your Dream? What crazy thing has God asked you to do? Are you “called” to be a Nation changer? Does it make you feel too small?? Do you think, no way God that is insane, who am I to do or be part of such a thing?

I to have a dream! A dream that God is unfolding before my eyes, a dream that was given by him in November of 2003! Just when I think that I grasp it or see what is happening he unfolds the next scene. What the Lord is allowing me to partake in is beyond me! I can not share every thing at this time as it is still in the works as I speak.
But stay tuned for next time, I will share the first part of the dream that I had back in Nov. of 2003 and the stuff that the Lord showed me then..

To Be Continued…..

1 comment:

Eric & Kyla Sliger said...

AMEN!! We needed to be reminded this week of the "call". The cares of life can try to choke out the word in our lives, unless we continute to remind and encourage each other. Thanks bro, we needed that! Kyla & Eric